The grants will provide investment funding for a wide range of activities to help meet local needs and strengthen communities so that they can grow and thrive.
Key areas for support include:
- drawing up of community / village development plans
- investments in small scale infrastructure including renewable energy generation and energy saving actions
- investments in ICT including broadband
- improving access to services investments and studies for the maintenance, restoration and upgrading of the cultural and natural heritage
- investments in the relocation of activities and conversion of buildings with a view to improving quality of life or increasing environmental performance.